Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm


Good Morning Everyone! So today is Thursday, the day before everything starts and everyone is running around like a headless chicken. For those of you who wish to watch the Festival online (it will be streaming on USEF Network) the jog is tomorrow at 2:00 pm and the Grand Prix starts Saturday morning at 8:00 am.

In terms of riding I have seen a few horses go. Today I saw Steffen and Legolas go and they look superb. I have also had the pleasure to meet Legolas and he is a big dog J He loves to be scratched under his chin. I saw Steffen sitting in front of his stall yesterday evening and Legolas had his head in Steffen’s lap. Those two are two peas in a pod. I get the feeling that they have such a close bond.
 

I also had the chance to personally meet and talk to Adrienne Lyle and her toy aussie. Both are so incredibly sweet and very nice and of course she always looks superb on Wizard, the little bit of her ride that I saw.

I met Tina Konyok, who is very down to earth and I have seen her rides for the past two days and I must say, Calecto is looking very nice and consistent. He also is very dynamic.

The thing is, everyone’s scores are so close together coming into the Festival of Champions that it is going to be extremely hard to figure out who is going to London and who is not. Team USA should be looking strong this year nevertheless!

A garden has been erected in the breezeway!

I found out that we “stole” this fish from the show jumping course at the Beijing Olympics. Maybe it means good luck?



And I got the overall champion ribbon today! Who needs a horse? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment